Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Feeling better!

Well, I am feeling better today. I had a bad breathing episode last night, had to use my inhaler for the first time in a long time, and Tony prayed for me and I have been doing better. I griped on him cause I said he gave this crud to me, but actually I don't think this stuff is contagious. Its just sinus junk, and I don't think that you can pass that on?...now if it were a cold or flu, then yeah...anyways, i'm better and that makes me happy! I've got a lot to do..our revival starts a month from Sunday and that time will fly by..Usually i'm working my head off , with Erica's help, right up to the start of revival..but this year I really want to be done with everything at least a week before. I want to have all of my clothes picked out and ironed. Tony does his own ironing, so I don't have to worry about that. He has always done his own ironing..says he likes to iron, and likes his clothes done a certain way and prefers to do it himself! I got lucky there gals...lol. I've ironed them for him a few times when he was in a pinch for time, but even then he tries to do it himself...I just insist he let me. I just have a few more desserts that I want to make...Donna is making some "Granny" cakes for me...they are just the old fashioned yellow cake with chocolate frosting..like the ones Sis Gladys made. Our Granny made them too, we grew up on em'...we didn't know what the name of the cake was, so we just started calling them Granny Cakes...she's good at making them and she's gonna make me 3 in exchange for the fruit bowl I made her yesterday...she said it was a big hit...didn't even have 1 grape left...haha...I made it, but wasn't able to get out to take it to her...Sis Janice Sanders did that for me...she's a good friend!
Erica is supposed to come today and we're gonna make me some curtain panels and her some valances. I don't know what I would do without her. I am so thankful the Lord gave me such a good daughter to help me. She is a wonderful person. She is the quiet, behind the scene type...she does not have to be in the limelight to be happy...she's very reserved until she gets to know you, but once she does, she'll open up and you couldn't ask for a better friend...she's not one to talk about stuff/people...sometimes I will tell her something, and she's like..oh yeah..I heard that such and such time ago....but she's never said anything...and i'm proud of her as a wife and mother...she keeps a spotless house...and takes care of herself, Todd and Kristen. You don't see them out in wrinkled, unironed clothes like some poor husbands and kids i've seen...and she does a great job at having company on regular weekend and during revival...proud that she feels responsible enough to pull her weight in that area.....guess you can tell i'm very proud of my daughter! Don't even get me started on her singing...lol.... Sometimes nowadays, I think I ask too much of her...I know she has to grit her teeth sometimes when I mention something I want to do...she just knows she's gonna probably have to wind up helping me with it...i'm sure she wishes I would just accept the fact that I am not able to do what I once was and slow down...my mind tells me that all the time, but my heart is still young, it has not realized that I am fixing to be 54...that arthritis has taken over my knees and is working it's way down into my ankles and feet. I figure I won't have a choice before long...either a wheelchair or surgery. But i'm not doing either til I have no choice. I'm gonna keep on the way I am until something gives. It's very depressing to realize and know that your body is going downhill, that you have reached and passed your prime and can no longer do what you please. But the alternative is not being alive at all...so I guess i'll just deal with getting older..lol....well i'm gonna end this blog before I have to change the title ....hahahaha........til next time....

2 comments:

  1. Man, you did get lucky on the ironing thing...I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to see Buddy out in an outfit that he ironed...Buddy says the iron doesn't fit his hand...he also says that about the vaccuum cleaner and the toilet bowl brush...lol...i think he is faking...sounds like something Bro. Ron would say

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...well if it makes you feel any better, I can't imagine Tony with a toilet bowl brush either...he'd be puking for sure! hahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete