Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oh To Be Well Again....

I must admit that this post isn't about me...altho I would love to have knees that don't creak and a back that will allow me to stay bent over for more than 5 seconds before it sends me into a tizzy...this post is about my kids and grandkids.....

I have the most wonderful, funny, loving, cutest and SICK grandkids you've ever seen. I mean it...I feel so sorry for these kids, both the grown ones and the grandkids. It seems like about the time that one gets back on track, another one is down for the count..and most of the time more than one of them is sick...like right now...Carter has to have surgery on Fri morning for an unexplained cyst-like something that has come up on his abdomen. He had this when he was a little fella, had to have surgery then too...and it has resurfaced..almost, if not, over night. So he goes in to have it removed on Fri..the doc thinks it's benign, but they are going to send it off nonetheless..then yesterday and last night, Caden coughed and coughed, and run a temp..haven't heard if he was able to go to school today or not...then I call Erica to see if she knew about Carter, and she told me that she had to go get Kristen from school because she was sick...I kept baby Crimsyn a few days ago, you know he just got out of the hospital about a week ago with the flu...and altho he is much better, he was still coughing...Resiana is on the top of the "Well" list right now, but even she had a slight cough yesterday...I told Slick the other day to send me the well ones and maybe they could stay well and not catch it until the sick ones were well again...But then Crystal, Slick and Erica, all 3, have been battling this crud for weeks. They all are getting better, then worse, then better again, but they still sound a little...uh...cruddy..LOL...

I know this ain't funny, but it is almost comical. I told someone the other day that if my little family EVER gets EVERYONE better at the same time, we are having a party! A "Everybody's Healthy" party! I'm gonna serve vitamins, juice and antibiotics, give away presents of air filters, thermometers and humidifiers, and send home party favors of cough suppresant, fever reducer and face masks!

I know that my kids read my blog..and I know they'll know i'm kidding here...there are many more good days than there are sick ones...altho right now that might be up for debate..lol...all kidding aside tho...my heart goes out to them..And Erica would agree....especially to Slick and Crystal....you guys are such heroes...to know that if you hadn't opened your hearts and home to these little guys, there is no telling where they'd be at now...and if they have to be sick...i'm so thankful they have you to take care of them...all will be well again in a few days...weeks......by summer...(hopefully)...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment